Petrobras reports that it has started the divestment opportunity disclosure phase (Teasers) for the full sale of its exploration, development and production rights in seven sets of shallow-water fields (total of 30 concessions) located in the States of Ceará, Rio Grande do Norte, Sergipe, Rio de Janeiro, and São Paulo
Petrobras’ stake in the average production of oil and natural gas from these fields, in the first half of 2017, was 73 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day.
Petrobras is the operator in all concessions with 100% stake, except in the Pescada and Arabaiana concessions, where it is the operator with 65% stake. The effective inclusion of the Pescada and Arabaiana concessions in the divestment opportunity for Rio Grande do Norte Mar Cluster is subject to whether or not partner Ouro Preto Óleo e Gás, who holds the remaining 35% stake in these fields, exercises its preference right.
The Teasers containing key information about the opportunities, as well as the objective criteria for the selection of prospective purchasers are available in Petrobras website: http://www.
Besides the Teaser, the main subsequent phases of each divestment project will be disclosed, as detailed below:
- Start of the non-binding phase (if applicable);
- Start of the binding phase;
- Concession of exclusive negotiation (if applicable);
- Transaction approval by Senior Management (Executive Board and Board of Directors) and signature of contracts;
The disclosure to the market herein is in compliance with Petrobras' divestment methodology, which was reviewed and approved by our Executive Board, and is aligned with the guidelines of the Federal Accounting Court (TCU – Tribunal de Contas da União).
This material is being provided pursuant to Brazilian regulatory requirements, does not constitute an offering, under the U.S. securities laws, and is not a solicitation, invitation or offer to buy or sell any securities. The information on our website, which is accessible through hyperlink resulting from this URL, is not and shall not be deemed part of this report on Form 6-K.