Eni gas e luce, the energy retail company 100% controlled by Eni, has today signed an agreement with L&B Capital, Evolvere S.p.A.’s main shareholder, by which it acquires 70% of Evolvere S.p.A., with a possibility to acquire the remaining 30% of the company in the future, at the terms already agreed between the parties.
The transaction, which will be finalised upon receiving all authorisations from the relevant authorities, is strategic for Eni gas e luce, which becomes leader in the area of solar distributed generation in Italy, in line with Eni’s mission that seeks to build value through the energy transition.
With Evolvere’s acquisition, Eni gas e luce – leader in the commercialisation of gas, power and energy solutions with 8 million customers in Italy – strengthens its commitment to help its customers
make the best use of energy, to use it less. This acquisition follows closely Eni gas e luce’s entry into the e-mobility market, with the launch of electric vehicles’s recharging solutions for households and businesses.
Evolvere is a leader in the distributed generation sector in Italy, with around 11,000 photovoltaic plants, accounting for around 58MW of total installed power. Among these, it owns around 8,000 plants installed on domestic customers’ and businesses’ rooftops. The company’s offer includes the sale, installation and maintenance of solar photovoltaic plants and batteries for residential customers and businesses up to 20KW.
In addition, thanks to a proprietary technological platform, the company offers its customers the ability to monitor and manage their homes remotely, as well as advanced analytical tools to monitor energy production and reduce energy consumption. Evolvere is also involved in a pilot test in Lombardy (Italy) for the supply of flexibility services from households to the grid. Evolvere is well-placed to benefit from the development of energy communities, as per the European Directive RED II, soon to be adopted in Italy.