Charles O. Holliday, Chairman of the Board of Directors at Royal Dutch Shell plc, has today been announced as the keynote speaker and guest of honour at the IP Week Dinner 2019.
Addressing over 1,000 guests at the prestigious dinner, Mr Holliday will draw on more than forty years of experience in senior industry positions and touch on the importance of industry taking a lead in the energy transition.
A previous Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the global chemical corporation DuPont, he has also previously served as Chairman of the Bank of America Corporation, The Business Council, the National Academy of Engineering, the Society of Chemical Industry - American Section, the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and the Executive Committee of United Nations Sustainable Energy for All.
Following Mr Holliday’s speech, EI President, Malcolm Brinded CBE FREng FEI, will invite Professor Jim Skea CBE FEI, Co-Chair of the IPCC Working Group III and EI Past President, to respond to Mr Holliday, before moderating a short Q&A.
Energy Institute Chief Executive, Louise Kingham OBE FEI, commented:
“The IP Week dinner brings together senior industry figures following three days of conference and celebrates the very best of our exciting and dynamic industry.
“I’m very much looking forward to hearing Chad’s insights, drawing on his years of experience at the top of some of the biggest global commercial organisations, on some of the critical issues facing the energy sector.”
International Petroleum (IP) Week, being held in London from 26-28 February, will bring together leader industry figures and key thinkers on energy across three themes – geopolitics, sustainability and technology.
Speakers confirmed for IP Week 2019 so far include:
- Bob Dudley FEI, Chief Executive, BP
- His Excellency Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, Secretary General, OPEC
- Dr Fatih Birol HonFEI, Executive Director, IEA
- Dr. Aldo Flores Quiroga, Undersecretary of Hydrocarbons, Mexico Government
- Dr Pratima Rangarajan, Chief Executive Officer, the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative
- Jason Bordoff, Professor of Professional Practice in International & Public Affairs, SIPA, Columbia University
- Andy Brown OBE FEI, Upstream Director, Shell
- Namita Shah, President of People and Social Responsibility, Total
- Bernard Looney FREng FEI, Chief Executive, Upstream, BP
- Ade Adeola FEI, Managing Director, Oil & Gas, Standard Chartered
- David Womack, Global Leader, Strategy and Innovation, Chemicals and Petroleum Industries, IBM
- Dr Carol Bell, Senior Non-Executive Director, Ophir Energy
Put together by leading sector experts, the IP Week programme brings people together to help the industry navigate big challenges, through shared insight in an era of accelerated global transition.
The programme for 2019, and event tickets, can be found at www.ipweek.co.uk