EIA launched its new State Energy Portal today. Designed to deliver timely state-specific energy information in one place, the new portal has customizable visualizations that automatically populate each time a user returns to the page.
The portal provides answers to questions about key energy issues for the 50 states (and the District of Columbia), 5 territories, and regions of interest. Users with energy questions will find this portal to be a valuable, time-saving tool in finding specific information with minimal effort.
Users can select data points and time periods of interest for topics such as:
- Regional trends in net electricity generation by renewable resources
- Coal production and employment trends in Kentucky, and coal use in neighboring states
- Motor gasoline prices in retail and spot markets versus stocks and consumption
- Nuclear power plant outages in Florida plotted against peak regional electricity load
- Ethanol plant production across the Midwest
- Electricity generation estimates for small-scale solar production by state