Norway’s safety watchdog, the Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA), has given Aker BP consent to use the facilities on the Skogul field in the North Sea offshore Norway ahead of the start-up planned for March this year.
The PSA said on Friday that Aker BP was given the consent to use the facilities at Skogul. The development concept is a two-slot subsea template including a two-lateral production well tied-in to the Alvheim production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) via the Vilje South flowbase.
According to the offshore safety body, the use of Skogul comprises the start-up, operation, maintenance, and all associated activities.
It is worth reminding that the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) granted its consent for the start-up of the Skogul field in late February.
Aker BP plans to start up the field in March 2020, in line with the PDO. When the PDO was submitted, development costs were estimated at approx. 1.5 billion kroner.
Aker BP is the operator of the field with a 65 percent interest and PGNiG Upstream Norway is its partner with the remaining 35 percent interest.
Skogul was proven in 2010 and the Plan for Development and Operation (PDO) was approved in early 2018. It is located in the central part of the North Sea, 30 kilometers northeast of Alvheim. The water depth is 110 meters.
Recoverable resources are estimated at 1.5 million standard cubic meters of oil (9.4 million bbls) in the PDO. That makes Skogul one of the smallest fields on the Norwegian shelf.